August 8, 2007. Siggraph, San Diego CA: e-on software, makers of Vue, the leading solutions for natural 3D environments, and creators of the breakthrough spectral atmosphere technology today announced the immediate availability of Ozone 3.0 for 3DS Max, Cinema4D, LightWave, Maya and XSI.
Ozone 3.0 is a complete solution for creating and rendering scenes with real 3D clouds and spectral atmospheres.
Some of the new features of Ozone 3.0 include:
- Breakthrough spectral atmosphere technology:
New technology realistically models the behavior of our planet's atmosphere to produce all kinds of atmospheric effects.
- Spectral and Volumetric atmosphere models:
Based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, the new spectral engine produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays.
- Real 3D Clouds:
The highly optimized volumetric cloud layers let you create convincing flythroughs or easily simulate realistic low-lying fog.
- Super-fast rendering technology:
Despite the staggering complexity of the atmospheric model it features, Ozone 3.0 renders its atmospheric effects at blazing speed, thanks to e-on software’s highly optimized technology.
- Animated clouds and sunsets are a breeze:
Users can realistically animate the atmosphere, the clouds and the sun, making their skies spring to life, all in a wink! Simply set the direction and speed of the wind, the rate of change, and render on!
- Extensive library of over 100 predefined atmospheres:
Ozone 3.0 includes presets for all kinds of atmospheric conditions: bright daytime, bad weather, sunrise, sunset, night time, etc. Customize the atmosphere using dedicated tools and the library of over 100 preset cloud shapes.
A complete and detailed list of features is available at:
You can see Ozone 3.0 in action right now at e-on software’s booth at Siggraph 2007 in San Diego, CA (booth #623).
Pricing and Availability
Ozone 3.0 is immediately available in English for Windows 2000/XP/XP64/Vista32/Vista64 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal Binary). Ozone 3.0 is compatible with the following renderers:
- For Windows: MentalRay for 3DS Max (8 and 9), Maya Software and MentalRay for Maya (Maya 6 to 8.5), Cinema 4D (C4D R9.6 and R10), LightWave (LW9), and Softimage|XSI (5.1 and 6).
- For Mac: Maya Software and MentalRay for Maya (Maya 8 and 8.5), LightWave (9.2 UB public beta) and Cinema 4D (R10).
Boxed versions will be available soon.
Ozone 3.0 pricing starts at US$199, with upgrades from Ozone 2 available for $99.