VUE 8 FOR 3D ARTISTS AND 3D ENTHUSIASTS SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE NOV 04, 2009
November 02, 2009. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in Digital Nature solutions, announced the immediate availability of its Vue 8 line of products for CG Professionals.
In order to assure a smooth transition, and to avoid order processing congestion, e-on software also announced that it will release the rest of the Vue 8 product line – Pioneer & T-packs, Frontier, Esprit, Studio and Complete – two days later, on November 4, 2009.
Vue 8 xStream – The Integrated Solution:
Vue 8 xStream, e-on’s flagship solution, offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments, fully immersed within Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, and Softimage, Maxon Cinema 4D or Newtek LightWave. All Vue tools are fully integrated in the host application as menus and toolbars and directly accessible from within the host interface, providing immediate access to the most advanced 3D environment creation technologies.
Vue 8 Infinite – The Standalone Solution:
Vue 8 Infinite offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments in a stand-alone package. Vue 8 Infinite is the ideal tool for multimedia and entertainment professionals, architects and graphics designers.
Next Generation Features
The release of Vue 8 marks e-on's ongoing commitment to provide substantial, cutting-edge features and improvements to our valued users and customers who share our passion for Digital Nature. With this new release, all aspects of the program have been improved in the areas of natural scenery creation, precise artistic control, performance, immersive integration and content.
Vue 8 includes a number of important new features such as:
- 3D Terrain Sculpting: Allows users to freely sculpt terrain features such as overhangs and caves directly into Vue standard and procedural terrains, with on-the-fly mesh subdivision.
- Localized Infinite and Procedural Terrain Sculpting: Combine the best of both worlds with the ability to locally sculpt features on the infinitely detailed procedural terrains. Now, users have the ability to fine tune or completely rework localized areas on procedural terrains providing even greater artistic control and creativity.
- Scene Context Sculpting: Allows users to sculpt terrain features in the context of scene elements. Sculpt rocks and reliefs around vegetation and architectural structures.
- New Stratified Terrain Fractals which allow the creation of richly detailed stratified terrain features.
- New Directional Displacement Engine for textures to create more detailed and life-like surface features with greatly increased performance.
- 3rd Generation Spectral Atmospheric Technology which dramatically improves the quality and realism of clouds, god rays, atmospheric shadows, and scene light inteaction.
- Direct Re-Posing of Rigged Meshes: Rigged and pre-animated mesh objects can now be re-posed directly inside Vue. Currently supported formats: 3DSMax, Collada and Vue Pre-animated Meshes.
- New Shader-based OpenGL Preview Engine for improved real-time performance and previewing accuracy.
- Deeper xStream Immersive Integration offering more seamless operation and improved workflow with the leading CG applications. Vue 8 xStream adds support for Maya 2010, Cinema 4D R11.5, Softimage 2010 and V-Ray for Maya to the list of compatible applications (see below).
- All the new features introduced in Vue 7.5: camera mapping, planetary rendering, cross-shadowing and cloud masks, spherical cloud maps, animated EcoSystem populations, and more.
Pricing and Availability
Standard Retail Price:
Vue 8 xStream will retail for $1,495, with upgrades from Vue 7.x xStream available for $495. Vue 8 Infinite retails for $895, with upgrades from Vue 7.x Infinite available for $295. Other upgrade paths from Vue 6 Infinite and Vue 6 xStream are also available (see full product pricelist at http://www.e-onsoftware.com/pricelist for details).
Annual subscriptions for Educational licenses of Vue xStream and Infinite are available respectively for $149 and $99 per seat and per year. Upgrades to Vue 8 are free for owners of active educational licenses of Vue 7.5.
Site licensing discounts are available for both products. Contact e-on software for further details and pricing information.
Customers who purchased Vue 7.5 xStream or Vue 7.5 Infinite between October 1, 2009 and October 12, 2009 are eligible for a Late Buyers special and will receive their upgrade at no charge. Such customers will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to get their upgrade.
Customers who purchased Vue 7.5 xStream or Vue 7.5 Infinite after October 12, 2009 will also receive their upgrade to Vue 8 at no charge, following the terms of their complimentary 30 day maintenance.
E-on software is also offering the option to purchase Vue 8 Infinite and xStream pre-bundled with a yearly maintenance plan, providing a saving of respectively $100 and $200 on the regular cost of maintenance.
All special offers will end on January 4, 2010.
Vue 8 xStream and Vue 8 Infinite are available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, for both 32 and 64 bit, and on Mac OSX 10.4+ as a 32 bit application (Mac Intel only). Vue 8 xStream is compatible with the following renderers: Mental Ray for 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray for 3ds Max and Maya, Maya Software, as well as the native Cinema 4D and LightWave renderers. Other renderers are under consideration.
Personal Learning Editions:
E-on software will be releasing a Personal Learning Edition of Vue 8 Infinite and xStream later in the year.