December 09, 2009. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, maker of the leading Digital Nature solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the Personal Learning Editions (PLE) of Vue 8 xStream and Vue 8 Infinite, its solutions for CG professionals. E-on software simultaneously announced the availability of trial versions of its products for 3D Artists: Vue 8 Esprit, Vue 8 Studio and Vue 8 Complete.
Vue 8 Personal Learning Edition
Vue 8 Infinite and Vue 8 xStream offer CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments with streamlined integration into any production workflow.
While Vue Infinite is a standalone application, Vue xStream operates seamlessly inside of 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Cinema4D and Softimage.
Key new technologies available in the Vue 8 PLE:
- Revolutionary 3D Terrain Sculpting Editor,
- Spectral 3 Atmospheres,
- New Strata Terrain Fractals,
- Direct reposing of rigged meshes,
- Support for V-Ray in Maya,
- And more (checkout www.e-onsoftware.com/xstream for full details)...
- Create complete projects,
- Save their work and export to other applications,
- Render stills and animations without size/length limit,
- Experience Vue’s power directly inside Max/Maya/Softimage/LightWave/Cinema4D,
- Learn at their own pace (the PLE never expires)!
Users can download the Vue 8 PLE at no charge from www.vue8.com/ple
PLE Requirements and Restrictions:
The Vue 8 Personal Learning Edition performs under all versions of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), and is Mac Intel 32bit only for Macintosh OSX (10.4 to 10.6).
The PLE is for personal, non-commercial use only. Network rendering is disabled, and renders may be watermarked and carry a logo. Files created and saved with the PLE cannot be exchanged with other PLE users and are not compatible with other versions of Vue.
Vue 8 for 3D Artists Trial Versions
Vue 8 Esprit, Vue 8 Studio and Vue 8 Complete provide 3D artists with powerful modular applications to create rich 3D Digital Nature scenery and landscapes.
The Vue 8 for 3D Artists Trial Version is a fully functional version of Vue 8 Esprit, Studio or Complete, aside from the following limitations:
- Saving is disabled (scenes, plants, objects, ...),
- Render resolution is limited to 640x480,
- Animation length is limited to 5 seconds,
- Limited content (only a small selection of materials, plants, atmospheres...),
- Terrain export, standalone rendering and network rendering disabled,
- The Trial Version will work for 30 days.
The Vue 8 Trial Versions perform under all versions of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), and Universal Binary for Macintosh OSX (10.4 to 10.6).