March 13, 2012. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software the leader in 3D sky, light and nature technologies, today announced immediate availability of version 6 of Ozone, its atmospheric plugin for 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, Cinema4D, and LightWave, together with the Ozone 6 Personal Learning Edition.
Ozone 6 – Hyper-Realistic 3D Atmospheres
Ozone 6 implements the Spectral 3™ cutting-edge technologies developed by e-on software for the simulation and rendering of atmospheric effects. Ozone 6 atmospheres provide an accurately simulated environment that affects all scene elements and behaves according to nature’s rules.
Based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, the Spectral 3™ engine produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays. This technology realistically models the behavior of our planet's atmosphere to produce all kinds of atmospheric effects.
Prime technologies in Ozone 6 include:
- Interactive Cloud Control:
New in Ozone 6 is the ability to handle cloud layers like regular objects. Users can move, rotate or resize them interactively using the host application's standard manipulation gizmos directly inside the host application’s interface.
- Localized Cloud Layers:
On top of the ability to move cloud layers around interactively using the gizmos, Ozone 6 lets the user "extract" portions of the cloud layers. Parts of a cloud layer can now be easily isolated and moved around to another location!
- Enhanced Atmosphere Preview:
The atmosphere editor in Ozone 6 can now be resized in order to increase the size of the preview giving the end user unprecedented visual control on his cloud layer.
- Super-fast rendering technology:
Despite the staggering complexity of the atmospheric model it features, Ozone renders its atmospheric effects at blazing speed, thanks to e-on software’s highly optimized technology.
- Extensive library of over 150 predefined atmospheres:
Ozone 6 includes presets for all kinds of atmospheric conditions: bright daytime, bad weather, sunrise, sunset, night time, etc. Customize the atmosphere using dedicated tools and the library of over 140 preset cloud shapes.
Pricing and Availability
Ozone 6 is available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ (Mac Intel only) for both 32 and 64 bit.
A single license of Ozone 6 will work with all compatible applications and renderers installed on the end user’s system.
- Ozone 6 for Maya (2008 to 2012) works with MentalRay, Maya software and V-Ray renderers.
- Ozone 6 for 3ds Max (2008 to 2012) works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
- Ozone 6 for Softimage (XSI 7 to Softimage 2012) works with MentalRay.
- Ozone 6 for LightWave (9.3 to 11) and Cinema4D (R11 to R13) works with the native renderer.
Personal Learning Edition
The Ozone 6 PLE (Personal Learning Edition) is a free, fully functional version of Ozone 6. With the PLE, users can:
- Use e-on's atmospheric rendering technologies inside of 3ds Max, Maya, SoftImage, Cinema 4D or LightWave,
- Create entirely new atmospheres or load any of the 150+ included presets and modify them,
- Use any of the 140+ included cloud shapes,
- Animate the atmosphere, the clouds and the sun,
- Render images with no size limit,
- Save and export their work, and
- Learn Ozone 6 at their own pace: the PLE never expires!
The Ozone 6 is now immediately available. More information and download instructions are available at: http://www.ozone-plugin.com/download/.