TEST DRIVE THE MOST POWERFUL POPULATION PLUGIN FOR 3DS MAX, MAYA AND CINEMA4D
January 30, 2013. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, the leader in Digital Nature technologies, today announced the immediate availability of the Carbon Scatter 2 trial version for Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, and Maxon Cinema4D.
Derived from e-on software's acclaimed EcoSystem™ technology, Carbon Scatter 2 is the easiest and most straightforward solution for creating complex and detailed populations using the native instancing technologies of the host application.
"Carbon Scatter 2 is perfect, it has all the tools to build a complete scene quickly. I considered several other products prior to choosing Carbon Scatter, but Carbon Scatter gave me the best library of quickly renderable plants. I love this product!", said Roger Barnes.
New features in Carbon Scatter 2 include:
- Over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees included
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Interactive population - change a setting and Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Populate at 360° around objects
- Use the powerful EcoPainter brush to paint-in instances directly with your mouse
- Edit or create your own plant species with the optional Carbon Botanica module
- Compatible with native previewing options (Nitrous, point-cloud, etc)
- Scattering inside/along curves
- Stacked instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble)
- Use animated populations with full phasing control
In less than a month, Carbon Scatter 2 has already received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from the industry:
"Carbon Scatter 2 does what it says and it does it very well!" Darren Capner
"I am very happy with Carbon Scatter 2. Absolutely amazing software!", M.J. van Soldt
"Carbon Scatter 2 takes what seems to be a complex task, and makes it simple. The Carbon Botanica extension is a no-brainer, worth every cent!", Paul Crumrine
"I really love Carbon Scatter and often use it for my productions. The new features like 360° population, the lean out feature on low density or the edge of population, or Eco-stacking are really nice additions, and the result looks natural." Christoph Schindelar
"It's great to find the Vue EcoSystem™ technology inside the host application. I really feel "at-home".", Laurent Rodriguez
Carbon Scatter 2 Trial Version
The Carbon Scatter Trial Version will install in all supported applications on the end user’s system and will allow the rendering of EcoSystem™ populations in all supported renderers.
The Trial Version is a fully functional version of Carbon Scatter 2, aside from the following limitations:
- The Trial Version ships with a limited collection of plants and polygonal meshes.
- The Trial Version is limited to rendering up to a total of 10000 instances (the display of instances in the viewport is not limited).
- Saving scenes, network rendering and access to Carbon Botanica is disabled.
The Carbon Scatter 2 Trial Version cannot be used for commercial work. Once installed, the Trial Version will work for 30 days.
Rendering of the Carbon Scatter 2 scene elements is entirely done by the host application's renderer.
- Carbon Scatter for 3ds Max works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
- Carbon Scatter for Maya works with MentalRay, and V-Ray renderers.
- Carbon Scatter for Cinema4D works with the native renderer, and all other renderers that are compatible with Cinema4D instances*. Such renderers include VrayC4D, m4d (mental ray for Cinema4D) or Maxwell Render for instance.
The Carbon Scatter 2 Trial version is available as a free download from www.carbonscatter.com/download.
More information about Carbon Scatter can be found at www.carbonscatter.com.