July 2, 2014. Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, maker of the leading solutions for Digital Nature, in association with 3Dconnexion, 3dtotal, 3DWorld magazine, Ballistic Publishing, CG Society, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, Pixologic and QuadSpinner, today announced the eighth edition of the "3D Environment Competition", designed to showcase the capabilities of 3D technology for CG environments.
With over $18,000 worth of prizes, the 3D Environment 2014 represents one of the biggest competitions e-on software has ever organized!
Entrants may use their application of choice, in combination with any of the e-on software products. This includes any version of VUE, including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free VUE Pioneer, as well as Plant Factory, Carbon Scatter, Ozone, and LumenRT (and their respective free versions)!
Judging will be based solely on the quality, realism and artistic merit of the entries, not on the software version used to create them.
With 11 prestigious judges representing the different fields of the 3D Industry, this competition is a unique chance for artists to have their work exposed to the eyes of industry experts, as well as winning an extensive set of 3D tools and resources.
Judging Performed by Industry Legends!
The "3D Environment Competition 2014" judges are all leading figures in the world of 3D graphics, representing the Motion Picture, Game, Media and Broadcast industries, including several VES and Emmy award winners:
- Paul Huston – Senior Digital Matte Artist, Industrial Light & Magic
- Scott Brisbane - Head of Matte Painting, Dreamworks Animation
- Dark Hoffman – Freelance Digital Artist, Hammerhead Productions
- Max Dennison - Senior Matte Painter, Double Negative TV
- Eran Dinur - VFX Supervisor, Brainstorm Digital
- Peter Baustaedter - Visual Effects Art Director, Marco Polo Productions
- Stephane Belin – Art Director, Blizzard Entertainment
- Tom Greenway – Founder and Managing Director, 3dtotal.com
- Ian Dean – Editor, 3D World magazine
- Jim Thacker – Editor, CG Channel
- Mike Hepburn – Head of Creative and Marketing, Ballistic Publishing/ CGSociety
Together with 3Dconnexion, 3dtotal, 3DWorld magazine, Ballistic Publishing, CG Society, Cornucopia3D, GeekAtPlay, Pixologic and QuadSpinner, e-on software will be awarding over $18,000 worth in prizes!
The full prize list can be accessed here!
- The winner will receive over $9800 worth in prizes
- The First runner up will receive over $5700 worth in prizes
- The Second runner up will receive over $1700 worth in prizes
More information and submission guidelines are available at: